오늘 본 상품 0

없음

Ellipsis reviewed

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Christin
댓글 0건 조회 83회 작성일 24-07-30 14:51

본문

What right do we have to really know all of someone, every nuance of their being, every little dirty secret they may have? Does the bond of a blood relative or wife or husband afford us the right to know them completely? To know that there are no unknowns between us?

To me this book is about grief. Grief for losing a loved one obviously, but also the feelings of guilt when one realises that they may not have known their loved one as well as they thought. It also demonstrates the lies we tell to protect our loved ones, and the deep secrets we keep because once exposed the grief they will surely cause is too much to bear.

Each of the characters has a secret, and it is through the revealing of these that we see the very structure of their world disintegrate. With each revelation a black hole is exposed, waiting to suck them into its infinite blackness. This for me was the most mesmerising part of the novel. To see with each new piece of information about Daniel's death, Thom's reality and sanity start to slip away from him was so well done, and to see "Sarah" coming back to her own self and sanity was such a great contrast.

Through all of this though, we get to see little snippets of who Daniel really was, and I still have questions about his motives.

The pacing is excellent, the characters fragile, flawed and consumed with grief and guilt. I could not recommend this book enough.

When you have almost any questions relating to where by and how to make use of thriller stories, you are able to e-mail us on our own web page.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회사명 티싼 주소 경기도 고양시 일산서구 중앙로 1455 대우시티프라자 2층 사업자 등록번호 3721900815 대표 김나린 전화 010-4431-5836 팩스 통신판매업신고번호 개인정보 보호책임자 박승규

Copyright © 2021 티싼. All Rights Reserved.